Monday, September 14, 2009

Saturday Night Treat

The other night Rick, Alexis, and I (Julee was off having fun at a Stake Youth Activity) had the opportunity to participate in an impromptu service project. On our way home, we were treated to a fun fireworks show that happened to be taking place. We found a place to pull over to watch the show, which was one of the better hometown fireworks shows we have ever seen. We were close enough that you could hear the booms and smell the smoke. Alexis thought being so close to the fireworks was the "greatest experience of her life". The energy in the car was so exciting! Even Rick and I were oohing and aahing. It was the perfect way to end the evening. Not only were we treated to a great fireworks show, but it was a great teaching moment with Alexis. Service brings blessings - even if the blessing is a brief family moment watching fireworks that we would have never seen just hanging out at home! I was bummed that I didn't have the camera with me, but I was able to get some pictures on my cell phone.




2 comments:

Sharron said...

You got some great pics with your cell phone! When you have your first child hit the youth program, they seem to be taken out of the loop in some ways, don't they? I'm the baby and remember how weird it was for my brothers to be missing in action so often . . . it took me awhile to appreciate the fact that Mom and I had some great times with just us girls to do stuff ;-)

dhillman said...

I can't believe you got those pics with your cell phone!
I love it when you get those impromptu but great teaching moments! It is so wonderful to feel like you "got it right" this time.