Thursday, December 24, 2009

The stockings were hung............

I love this picture of all the stockings hanging by the fireplace at my mom's house! This way she and my dad get to have all of their kids, kids-in-laws, and grandkids there with them on Christmas even the ones who are far away. The fun part is these are the stockings that we had growing up. When we left home my mom wouldn't let us take them with us - she just makes us new ones! And each new addition to the family gets one too! And I think there's one for the dog.....

3 comments:

Alison said...

Of course there's one for the dog. The dogs have always been represented too. He even got a couple toys from Santa.

Mary Jane said...

I can finally make one for Daniel now that I have a new sewing machine - yeah!

dhillman said...

I love that! I think I will do that when my girls leave (?). They will have fun getting their own stockings figured out for their families anyway right?