Friday, July 11, 2008

Luke - the Warrior

So, last night my good friend Cindra and I decided to take a little road trip to go see the Hill Cumorah Pageant which is in Palmyra, NY (http://www.hillcumorah.org/). The drive is a little over 3 hours each way. We took off around 4pm and were there before we knew it (easy to do when you have good company and conversation). We got dinner from the concessions at the pageant ~ hamburgers and the famous YUMMY! salt potatoes. They are white potatoes boiled in salt and drenched in butter. A must have for pageant goers.
As any LDS person knows, it is a small world when it comes to meeting people in the church who know somebody that you know or are related to. We were on the lookout for Luke - a teenage boy that Cindra's daughter (who may never speak to us again) met when they lived in Atlanta and has been emailing with for about 3 or 4 years. We asked every cast member we ran into if they knew Luke. They all laughed and reminded us that there are 716 cast members. But, we perservered. We promptly ran into one cast member who is in the same word as Cindra's Uncle Pete. Just after that we ran into the brother and sister-in-law of a member of our ward. As we were sitting talking to some other cast members, I realized we were talking to Larissa Engle, one of the daughters of a family in our former ward in Arizona. Still, nobody knew Luke. Some teenage boys walked by and we asked them if they were Luke. They weren't but they knew who Luke was. They told us he was playing a warrior ~ EXCITING! We sent them off to search out Luke and send him to talk to the crazy ladies laughing in the second section back. What do you know? Those boys came through and up comes Luke ~ warrior costume and all! What a nice guy he was! He pointed out his place in the scene he was going to be in and he gave a stellar performance!

Of course, we enjoyed the pageant - it is definitely a moving experience. We were back on the road just before 11pm and home by 2am. You'd think we were 20 again, staying out all night......but we're not and I'm TIRED!

3 comments:

dhillman said...

Oh my gosh, that sounds like such fun! You crazy girls! It is funny how we pay for it later, I used to stay up late all the time and now just one night and I have make it up for a week!
I love the Cumorah pageant, we went years ago, both girls were in elementary school.
I don't remember the potatoes...
I am glad you had a good time, that is awesome!

Olivia said...

I can't believe you did that! Why would you do such a thing!!!! If I didn't love you two so much I would so not talk to yall any more! lol. I'm glad you had fun though dispite finding Luke!

Linda said...

I'm so glad you commented on my blog! Your Julie is a little princess--so pretty and grown up. Let's keep in touch!