Saturday, August 9, 2008

Movie Night

So last night I ran away from home to go to the movies with some of my friends. We saw Mamma Mia! - have you seen it? It was quite a fun movie ~ we had to practically restrain one of the girls from jumping up and dancing in the middle of the theater! Of course, you have an all star cast of pretty great voices. Meryl Streep was quite impressive as were here 2 best buddies in the movie (one of who was the actress who played Mrs Weasley in Harry Potter). Colin Firth continues to be wonderful (as always) and could carry quite a tune. We all found it comforting to know that Pierce Brosnan sits just this side of perfection - the poor guy really can't sing. He does get an E for effort and continues to be one of the most romantic leads around.

Also, I think one of the big draws was that we all knew most, if not all, the songs in the movie. That pretty much dates us back to the 70s and early 80s when I can remember listening to my favorite ABBA song "I Have a Dream" on record. (Julee just asked me what a record is!) What is your favorite ABBA song?

3 comments:

Linda said...

I can't think of any titles, but I do like their music. I haven't seen neither stage play nor the movie "Mama Mia" but have wanted to for a very long time. Thanks for the review!

dhillman said...

I didn't remember the song I have a dream, but I like it after hearing it from the movie. I really wanted to see the play, but never made it. It was fun to hear all the songs again. I had to explain to Kelsey that the songs were written years ago and then the play was written around them. I find that fascinating!

Robin and Larry said...

Larry lasted 5 min. lol... he said he was going to another movie.. Kristen and I laughed and stayed and loved it.. it was fun... I like the stage version at U of A centinial hall better.. :)