Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Hot Stuff!!

Hello Everyone, Rick Here.....

So... the other day I was feeling culinarily adventerous, and missing the Southwest in general to boot, so I decided to try out a variation on Jalapeno Poppers that I discovered.

Basically, you take the Jalpenos, slice 'em in half, fill them with a grated cheese/cream cheese mixture, wrap them in Bacon and bake them in the Broiler for 15 Minutes.

WOW!!!

They turned out super-yummy! The combination of pepper, cheese and bacon is a literal taste explosion. I do think, however, that we were lucky this time around. The jalapenos had all of the flavor, but not too much of the searing heat (They must have been East Coast jalapenos from NEW YORK CITY, or something....)

Steph, being the great sport that she is, took on the role of sous chef as she did all of the slicing, de-seeding, and bacon wrapping for me. I think it's the only time in almost 3 years that I have been in charge.....

Below are a couple of pics of how they looked as they were coming out of the broiler...

Anyways, I was wondering ...what are some of your favorite regional foods? Or dishes that make you think of "Home"?

6 comments:

dhillman said...

Those have become a fast favorite--thye climbed the list with lightening speed around here!
Another staple at this house is Cream Chees Chicken--do you see a theme?

Sharron said...

When I tried these they just about killed me! So I wimped and did it with some anaheim chiles (mild) asnd they were yummy! It's OK, I'm old.

sixpickychicks said...

So when are we coming to dinner?

Gretchen said...

Next time there is a party, I expect to see those there. They look so good, Craig would probablly say they were to spicey and that is why I wouldn't be able to make them myself, for I would be the one eating them all.

Robin and Larry said...

those look sooooooooo good!

Robin and Larry said...

hey Stephanie,
Did you find out anything about what we talked about on the phone.. i nver heard back from ya? Call me also... as I have Pam Petersons new address and phone number... she moved to Queen Creek!