Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Ice Storm and Julee's Winter Concert

One thing I have learned about the weather in this part of the country is that it can really mess everything up! The day we had our big ice storm that left everything looking like this:....

(All the shiny you see is ice on the trees)

.....they cancelled all school functions which included Julee's Winter Concert. Of course, they rescheduled it for the very next Thursday which conflicted nicely with the Relief Society Christmas Dinner and Program which I was in charge of. I was bummed and not sure what to do because I couldn't be in both places at the same time and I REALLY didn't want to miss her concert. Finally, it was decided that Rick and Alexis would go to Julee's concert on Thursday night and I would sneak in to one of the concerts on Friday when they performed for the school. The concert was great and I am proud to say that Julee is an awesome percussionist! The band performed 4 songs and she played 7 different instruments within those 4 songs. Here is video of one of my favorites. Julee is playing the snare drum which can be heard very distinctly - she even had a little solo of sorts. Hope you enjoy as much as we did!

4 comments:

Linda said...

Yay Julee! And to think it all started at Miss Linda's Pre-school! Merry Christmas to you and your family, and be sure and stay warm!

Dunklees said...

We will forever remember Miss Linda's! Julee was so little and a lot less sassy then!

DOLLCASA said...

That's really cool that Julee is into music and can play so many different instruments. I don't envy you with the freezing weather. That is one of the big reasons we liked living in California and now Arizona. Did I mention that it's 60 degrees on Christmas day and that the kids are playing in the backyard?

Sharron said...

That does make the holidays more special having the concerts with your kids in them doesn't it?