Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Still Handsome Husband

A friend of ours from church usually cuts all of our hair. This past Saturday, Rick decided he couldn't wait any longer for me to get my act together and make arrangements for him to get a haircut. So he went to the Barber Shop down the street and got a little more than he bargained for. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad haircut - it's just shorter than any of us expected (including Rick), but by now we are used to it. And besides, it's only hair and will grow back (we hope). As usual, it is Alexis who helps us see the humor in all things......

And I can't help but add that the 3+ year debate that we have been having where Rick says, "I'm just going to shave my head bald and get it over with," and I say "I'm not sure you really want to do that, dear" is now over. I win.

8 comments:

dhillman said...

I could totally hear you talking just then! That brought a smile to my face. Love Alexis' artistry!
We have that same debate and it has been on-going for years too! I cut Kelly's hair so, he gets really tired of waiting for me to get my act together and "remember" to cut his hair. He says he starts telling me about 2 weeks in advance! :)

Carrie and Michael Brown said...

That is just way too funny! Alexis is hilarious!

Linda said...

I love the art--so telling the emotion of the situation! It is so good to communicate with you.

Alison said...

I really don't think he looks weird. It looks fine. You all are just not used to it.

Mary Jane said...

It is hard to tell how it looks - I would need to see a regular photo of Rick - not just the top of his head. Anyway, it doesn't make a difference in what a good guy he is and how much all of you love him.

Sharron said...

You're right, he's still cute as a bug . . . old lady talk for, he's still a handsome young thing.

When that happened to my husband, I had the misfortune of being that did the deed! He kept saying that he should do it for fire season, brought it up again while I was trying to get a round to cutting it for him, so when I got to it, I did it! I think that was one of the times he was talking about when I asked him if he loved me. He said yes, so I asked if it was harder sometimes than other times. He thought a moment and said, "Well yes, I guess it is". When he was thinking,it was so he could decide if he dared to answer or if he was dead meat no matter what he said or didn't say. Loaded questions for Jon is one of my favorite past times, I confess!

Jenn said...

I don't know if you won... I like the new do. I think it looks pretty good! I know it's probably an adjustment but I still stand by assertion from a year ago... I think it will (and it does) look fine.

Gretchen said...

I love the shocked looked on the after the hair cut face. Alexis did a great job on the pictures.