Thursday, June 18, 2009

Farmers Market or Car Show?

Last Saturday while I was at my scrapbooking group, Rick and Alexis took an impromptu trip to one of the local farmers markets. Farmers Markets are so AWESOME and they are EVERYWHERE around here. Some are very small and laid back, while others are very large with tons of stands. They are fun to visit and we get some really great deals on locally grown fruits and vegetables. There is also great entertainment in looking at all the stands that are run by local craftsman and eateries. As Rick and Alexis were telling me about this particular market, it seemed a bit different than the norm. When I saw the pictures, all I could do was laugh and think of the old Sesame Street song, "One of these things is not like the others; one of these things just doesn't belong". Can you pick out which one doesn't belong?









Yep, those rows of flower were the extent of anything organic seen that day. Not your typical farmers market but they had a great time even if they didn't get to bring home any of these locally grown treasures.

2 comments:

Sharron said...

LOL That is pretty funny! I wish we had farmers markets around here. The only one I know of is at Oro Valley on Saturdays mornings and it is pretty tiny. should go ahead and support it, shouldn't I?

Mary Jane said...

How fun - and I love the darling model in pink. How did Rick get so lucky to have such a cutie with him?