Saturday, July 18, 2009

A Mommy/Daughter Date

Since Julee is hanging out with extended family in Arizona and Rick is on his way back from a week long training at Ft Knox, KY; Alexis and I spent our Saturday at the mall. We started off at Build-a-Bear where Alexis got her new friend, Chocolate, even though another stuffed animal was the last thing in this world that she needed. Her justification - "But Mom, why waste a perfectly good $10 off coupon?" I thought I had that coupon hidden away...guess not.

Then we were on to lunch - Chinese for Alexis and Arby's for me. I tried to convince Alexis that we should go to Pizzeria Uno or Ruby Tuesdays but she will ALWAYS pick the Food Court if we are at the mall. She does not take after her mother in that respect. After lunch we stopped in at CVS for some contraband candy on our way to see the new Ice Age movie in 3D. Correction, "eye-popping" 3D. It was a cute movie and quite funny as they usually tend to be. I fell in love with the baby dinosaurs

and then with Peaches the baby mammoth - too CUTE!

After the movie, we stopped at the grocery store for our typical Saturday shopping. Now I should be picking up the house before Rick gets home so I can pretend it was clean all week. Somehow, I think he knows better than that. Oh well, playtime is over....

4 comments:

Sharron said...

LOL over the coupon, she's is all woman, mom! Now, someday you will have to teach her that if you don't really need it, it is still money you shouldn't spend or wasted . . or some dumb thing like that . . still not sure if I believe it myself . . oh, well, poor Jon.

dhillman said...

I loved the coupon story too! Kelly always calls that funny logic when I talk about "saving" money because of a sale or coupon, etc.
I saw Julie for just a second in YW last week, but didn't get a chance to talk to her.
When are the rest of you coming out here?! :)

Mary Jane said...

Funny thing. Kylie has a new horse about that size and his name his Chocolate. And we are so enjoying Julee. And I am with everyone else - would LOVE to see you all at the same time.

Unknown said...

What a fun day for you two. I LOVE having Julee in my primary class. She's growing up into such a cute young lady. Ya'll need to get back out here soon. :)