Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Ashley and Stephen

Meet Ashley and Stephen - the girls' new fish! We promised Julee and Alexis that when they came home from all of their summer traveling we would get them a fish. So this past Saturday we headed out to the pet store and they carefully selected their new friends. We got them each a little tank that bubbles for their room, and then they picked out the rocks and plants. Of course Alexis went with the eye-popping pink while Julee settled for a subtle blue. It's funny how their personalities come out even in fish tank decor......
Ashley

Stephen

6 comments:

Sharron said...

LOL What would a childhood be without assassinating a few fish? Enjoy them girls ... a little advice, don't get too attached?!?!?

Mariah said...

Fish are like a kid's right of passage.How much fun they'll have! I used to have some tanks just like those. I experimented with live plants and no bubbler, etc. it was fun...till these kids started taking up more of my time. :-) The pink and blue are really pretty next to each other in the pictures, they have good contrasting tones. My sister had a Little Mermaid tank as a kid, we all loved that thing.

Linda said...

Love the colors! What a good discipline for the girls--will they get to clean the tanks themselves and watch the fish go down the drain? We done that more than once!

Dunklees said...

Yep, they have to feed and clean and are responsible for anything fish related....I was informed that I cannot go near the fish after I told the girls about my fish that jumped into the garbage disposal while I was cleaning the bowl.

dhillman said...

Ha--lol that is funny, poor fish. I don't blame them for keeping you away from them!
We had fish for a while too at our house. That will be so fun for them. I love their color choices and what it says about them.

Mary Jane said...

How fun! I love the names they chose. And I totally had forgotten the "trauma" of your fish.