Saturday, August 1, 2009

Picture = 1000 Words

I rarely, if ever, post political or economic commentaries on this blog. But in this instance, I cannot resist. As the economy continues to falter, we attempt to cut back on expenses and really shop the sales. Most of our weekly dinners are dependent on what the local grocery store has on special the week before. I even find myself getting excited when the grocery store flyer has a "double off coupon deal" for a brand name coupon that is also in the Sunday paper. And, of course, we usually shop at the mega stores trying to get the best bang for our buck.

A few weeks ago, however, we were out shopping and decided it was all for naught when we saw this sale price sign:

Obviously, this was not the deal of a lifetime but it was the first laugh we've had regarding the state of our economy in a very long while. Even Alexis realized that there was something horribly wrong with this picture.

6 comments:

Linda said...

Or else Big Wally doesn't understand what "rollback" means! That is a funny picture--Jay Leno would like it!

Sharron said...

Lol from me and Jon! Our Wally World across the freeway was redone and they have cut out on so much it makes me sick. One guess what was cut back on . . the best deals . . . . and the liquor was bumped up. you can sure tell that old Sam Walton is no longer around!

But this sign does say it all after all!

Mariah said...

Hilarious!! I laughed out loud. That right there sums up a whole lot of what is goin' on right now. That really would be a great one for Jay Leno. Totally side note...I'm so glad that he's coming back soon, all the late guys right now are sooo not funny.

Alison said...

Ha Ha! What retards! That is too funny! I never had high opinions of walmart. I shop there because they tend to have lower prices than most places. That's the only draw for me though.

dhillman said...

That is hilarious. I have actually heard jokes about that but to capture it for real on camera is just too funny! I laughed hard!

Sharron said...

I had some fun at Walmart when I saw a couple of guys changing a sign and told them to be careful! they loved it!