Friday, October 23, 2009

Remember these?

A couple of weekends ago, we cleaned out and organized our storage unit. As we were cleaning, I found these. My sister, Marilyn, made them as a project in one her community college art classes. She had to take a couple of rolls of film (yes, this was before digital cameras were so affordable) of close up and far away pictures, and then piece the puzzle together. If I recall correctly, getting Alexis, who was not quite 3, to sit still was quite a task. As you can see, they turned out to be awesome. I hung them in my office so I could always see my girls but they quickly took on a life of their own. There were several people that I worked with that always had to bring people by to see them. What a great conversation starter they became! Each girl's personality really shows through in their picture and it was amazing what people who didn't even know them observed. Now when I look at them, I get that catch in my throat and my eyes start to water because my girls are all grown up. But not to worry, Julee hasn't lost that "I'm really 6 going on 30" aura; and you can pretty much guarantee that Alexis' feet are still dirty.



5 comments:

Sharron said...

These are so neat! They have grown up, haven't they? Hope you're planning to hang them up again, they shouldn't be packed away!

With digital it would be really fun to do some of all my grandkids . . . hum-m-m-m-m . . .

Alison said...

I always loved those, especially the one of cute little Alexis. Mar did one of Zoey for G&G Kinney and I love seeing it on their wall whenever we are there. Are you going to keep them out and put them up somewhere?

Mary Jane said...

WOW - I had totally forgotten about those. How they change and how they don't. Marilyn does have a touch of the artist in her. I shouldn't have looked at this at work - I am trying not to get teary myself.

Anonymous said...

I have always loved those pics!!! I really need to do some of my own kiddos. I can't believe how little the girlies look in them though.

dhillman said...

Those are so cool! I love them. Good job Marilyn. The girls looks so little. They look like themselves though. It alwasy amazes me how kids look like themselves when you look back, but there is no way to see what they look like when you try to picture them in the future.