Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Volleyball - A New Challenge

This year Julee decided that she wanted to be on the volleyball team at school. The team is made up of 7th and 8th graders, many of them never having played before. They spend time teaching the girls all the rules and techniques of the game. They practice every afternoon and have games 2 or 3 times each week. Having never played any type of organized sport, all of the practices and games have been a new experience for Julee. But, she is LOVING it! We are impressed by how much she has learned about volleyball in such a short time; and are excited to see how she improves each time she plays.

The first game.
Julee is sitting on the very left end.

Watching her team mate serve

Ready to go if the ball comes to her

Julee's turn to serve

They miss this volley but this is a good shot of Julee going for the ball

Julee serves again - this time for the winning point!
(Ignore the screaming parents in the background)
The season is almost over, but Julee has already decided she will play again next year.
GO JULEE!

7 comments:

Linda said...

What a good, supportive Mom you are! For me it was always so exciting to watch my kids be on a team and put to practice what they had learned. Good for Julee, I hope she continues to have fun with it.

Sharron said...

Great job Julee! I sow some good moves and hustle. Glad you decided to join your school's team. You girls get to play volleyball in a way that we oldsters never even dreamed of! Keep it up, I can tell you'll go far.

Good job mom and dad, I think I heard Rick in that one video. It feels so great to have your parents there for you!!

Mary Jane said...

Wow - I am impressed. Julee really has learned a lot. This is so neat to be able to see her do things. And the parents? - they are doing what great parents do.
I love watching the beginning players play! Keep up the good work Julee!!!!!! Love you all!

Alison said...

I didn't even know she was playing Volleyball until she started texting me telling me she was going to it. Hello?! Shouldn't I know these things. I think it's awesome though. Go Julee!

dhillman said...

What fun! Way to be supportive Mom and Dad.
My husband LOVES volleyball--and I do mean LOVES it. He is serious too when he plays, every volley should be set up, dive and risk injury etc. Can I just say, we don't play that game together! :)
He will be excited for her when I tell him.
Way to go Julee

Anonymous said...

Totally awesome!!! Kylie hasn't showed interest in any sports. I think it's cool that Julee enjoys soo... many extracurricular activities.

Gretchen said...

Julee, I am so glad you are enjoying the sport I love. You do great out there and it was fun to come to one of your games. Keep up the hard work.