Sunday, November 7, 2010

Apple Picking

.While I was in Florida, Rick and the girls went apple picking with the Elders Quorum. As usual, Alexis was excited to go and Julee was less than thrilled especially when I told her she had to go. I think she was pleasantly surprised at how much fun she had climbing around in the trees.  Both girls picked a bunch of apples and each came home with a pumpkin to carve.  I was bummed that I missed the activity, but appreciate the modern technology of cell phone cameras and text messaging that allowed me to kind of sort of be there.
Julee, Alexis, and ward friends
Alexis goes straight to the top
Julee's attempt at giving her mother a heart attack
Rick gets in on the fun
Peek-a-boo
I'm not sure any apple picking was actually going on here
Julee at the pumpkin patch
Alexis at the pumpkin patch
(later on you'll see the monstrous 15-lb pumpkin she picked out)
This is one of my favorite pictures of the day - running through the apple orchard

4 comments:

Sharron said...

Looks like lots of fun and way easier than with little ankle biters!!

Hilary-Dilary-Dock said...

Looks fun. However, I'd NEVER climb that high! And I agree about having a heart attack with seeing kids climb so high!

DOLLCASA said...

It looks like the girls and Rick had a great time. We're glad you had a good time in Florida.

Alison said...

I love the pics of Julee in the trees. I miss you guys so much. Glad the girls could have such a good time with Rick while you were away.