Tuesday, April 7, 2009

"Good-bye New York!"

These words were Alexis' specific request for today's blog title. For those who haven't already heard, Alexis will be spending the next 10 days in Arizona with Grandma, Grandpa, and the rest of the gang. She was so excited to get going that she could not sleep last night and bounded out of bed first thing this morning. The 2 hour road trip to the airport took 'FOREVER'! I kept waiting for her to get nervous or apprehensive about this little trip. Needless to say, I'm still waiting....... She was cool as a cucumber through the whole thing. When I hugged her good-bye as she went to board the plane, I gave her all the last minute reminders and she said, 'Mom, I know. I'm not a baby.' Even my friend Gretchen (who was great to come on this little road trip and keep me company) noticed that as Alexis walked off to board with the gate agent she didn't even look back or turn around and wave good-bye. That's our Alexis! Even though we will miss her, we hope she has an AWESOME time in Arizona!
The world traveler

Alexis and her new friend Flower waiting for her plane to come in

The plane, the plane.....

Julee has already commented that it is weird not to have Alexis around. Rick is also going to be gone for the next 2 days. What will Julee and I ever do??

4 comments:

Sharron said...

Bring on the Chick flicks!!!

Linda said...

That must have been hard to say good-bye. Well, we'll say hello! Have fun with Julee.

Mary Jane said...

We are so excited and happy to have her in Arizona for a short time. When Grandpa, Zoey and I picked her up - everyone raved about what a wonderful traveler she was for such a little girl - little do they know Alexis. Larry, who sat next to her from Chicago to Phoenix, told us she was the most awesome child traveler he had ever been around. And the pilot even made a big deal about telling us how great she was. We love Alexis and enjoy her tremendously.

Mariah said...

Back in the day when my dad and brother left on a scout thing, we girls couldn't be left out so we took a vacation too. What a fun week in California we had...I'm sure there are tons of things you and Julee can find to get yourselves in trouble....hum...I mean keep yourselves busy with.